Movie director director Frank Capra is said to have given this advice to aspiring filmmakers: “Don’t follow trends, start them!”
Each year we look for software products that break new territory in helping organizations achieve their knowledge management goals. We look for products that are designed, developed and perfectly timed to fill a niche in the marketplace before users are even aware that such functionality and flexibility have been missing.
Designated as the KMWorld Trend-Setting Products of 2016, the offerings listed here hold the promise for the marketplace—even if the marketplace has not yet realized it. Rather than follow strict criteria, our collaborative judging panel agrees that such characteristics as usefulness, scalability and level of innovation are among the most valuable components. And the panel believes that timing is key: Too late in the market and competitors already have a foothold. Too early and customers are nowhere to be found.
The choice is never easy but we give the list of Trend-Setting Products our best attempt each year, knowing that we cannot include all the deserving products that are available.
- Concept Searching: SharePoint Add-ins—conceptClassifier for SharePoint and conceptClassifier for Office 365 now available as add-ins in the SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online environments.
- Connotate: Connotate Platform—a Web data extractor platform that is scalable and reliable, combining a visual approach with advanced machine learning and a point-and-click Web data extraction tool to transform the data supply chain.
- Coveo: Coveo for Sitecore—the first and only cloud-based, self-learning site search app for Sitecore that automatically learns from visitor behavior, tunes relevance and recommends relevant content.
- Cryptzone: Compliance Sheriff 5.0—content-aware compliance automation solution that enables accessibility validation for dynamic and mobile websites, ensuring that Web content is securely accessible by every person, from any place, anywhere, at any time.
- Datawatch: Datawatch Panopticon 13.7—provides faster visual data analysis for trading, risk and compliance markets with new features that enable buy-side and sell-side firms and exchanges to perform big data analysis of e-trading data both in real time and historically.
- Digital Reasoning: Synthesys—linguistic analysis solution that learns from experience and is able to transform data into the knowledge you need to accurately answer questions; applies human-like reasoning to your data (documents, e-mails, spreadsheets, social media, etc.).
- eGain: eGain Virtual Assistant—lifelike, conversational agent providing an interactive and personal way for users to get answers and assistance on your website 24/7; provides the frontline support so your customer service staff can concentrate on more complex tasks. Click here for more product details.
To see full list and read full article, click here.